Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Weetabix Free Football Promotion’ (the “Promotion”). You will be legally bound by these terms and conditions from the time you submit an entry for the Promotion.
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
1. The Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over.
2. Employees of Weetabix, its affiliates, agencies, partners, and their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, and anyone else professionally connected to this Promotion are not allowed to enter.
Purchase not necessary
3. You don’t have to buy anything to take part in this Promotion, but you do need a valid email address and access to a computer or smartphone with internet access to be able to enter.
4. Participants must enter between 9:00am on the 12th of September 2023 and 5:00pm on the 3rd of October (the “Promotional Period”).
How to participate
5. To participate in the Promotion, participants must during the Promotional Period:
a. visit the official Weetabix promotional website at www.weetabix.co.uk/balls-allowed (the “Website”), and
b. complete the registration form by providing their full name and valid email address.
6. Only one entry per person is allowed.
7. Footballs: There are 200 footballs made by Nike available to be won. Each winner will win 1 x uninflated football and 1 x Mitre football pump (the “Football Prize”).
8. Within 5 working days of the end of the Promotional Period, FRANK PR, an agency partner of Weetabix, will arrange for 200 winners to be selected by random draw by computer software from all valid and eligible entries received on the Website during the Promotional Period.
Winner Notification, data collection and fulfilment
9. FRANK PR will contact each winner to obtain their address information to fulfil the Football Prize.
10. FRANK PR will make three attempts to contact the winner by email. If a winner does not respond to FRANK PR within 7 days of the date of the third email, the Football Prize will be awarded to a reserve winner (to be picked in the same way as the original winner).
11. Address information obtained by FRANK PR will be shared with Weetabix’s fulfilment partner Vesey UK Limited, who will be responsible for the delivery of the Football Prize.
12. Once eligibility of a Football Prize is confirmed and the Football Prize is accepted, fulfilment of the Football Prize will take place within 28 days of acceptance of the Football Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their Football Prize the winner must inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Football Prize at its sole discretion. The Promoter, FRANK PR and Vesey UK Limited will not be responsible for any incorrect email or delivery details provided by winners.
13. Provided no objection is received from the winners, a winners list containing the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by the Promoter at Weetabix Ltd, Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR for sixty (60) days following the end of the Promotional Period. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
14. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at each winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Football Prize Acceptance.
15. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entry/ies (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified. Any Football Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners through multiple means by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Football Prize may be withheld until verification is completed.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
g. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
h. Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
16. The Football Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Football Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that prize for another of equal or greater value.
17. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to https://weetabix.co.uk/balls-allowed.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Football Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
21. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
22. Weetabix reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Promotion at any time without notice, for any reason.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and any disputes arising from or in connection with the Promotion shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: WEETABIX LTD. Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR. Registered in England under number 00267687.
This Promotion Privacy Notice is provided by Weetabix Limited (“we“, “us”, or “our”), whose registered office is Weetabix Mills, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 5JR in our capacity as an organiser of the “Free Football” promotion (the “Promotion“).
We are a ‘controller’ for the purposes of the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws“) which means that we are responsible for how we use your personal data.
Here are the details of how we use your personal data for the Promotion:
- We collect and process your name, telephone number, email address and date of birth in order to register your entry in our Promotion, check your eligibility and to be able to contact you if you win.
- We are permitted to process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us (i.e. the Promotion T&Cs). If you do not provide your information to us, you will not be able to register your entry and participate in our Promotion.
- If you are not selected as the winner of the Promotion, we will delete your personal data collected for the Promotion within the period of 6 months following the completion of delivery of the Football Prize to the winners (or if there are any relevant complaints or issues relating to the Promotion and if later, promptly following the resolution of those complaints or issues). If you are a winner of the Promotion, we will retain your personal data until 6 months after the completion of delivery of the Football Prize and any related publicity activities. After this date your personal data will be deleted.
- If you are selected as a winner of the Promotion, we will:
- contact you by email or telephone to notify you of this, ask you to confirm acceptance of the prize and verify your eligibility (e.g. confirm that you are over eighteen (18) years old) in line with our Promotion T&Cs;
- ask you to provide us with more information. For example, we (or FRANK PR) will:
- ask you about the location of your home address (city or country) to fulfil the Football Prize and because we are obliged to make the winner’s name and location (city or county) available to people requesting that information in accordance with the Promotion T&Cs and to comply with the requirements under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “CAP Code“). As provided in the CAP Code, the winner can object to us publishing or making available the name or reduce the amount of information published or made available. In order to contact us on this, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that this does not affect our obligation to provide the relevant information and the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority, the UK’s regulator of advertising, if required to do so.
- We use external providers that process your personal data for this Promotion as part of the services (such as hosting) which they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
- We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.