Weetabix Baked with Lyle’s Golden Syrup Promotion
Summary Terms & Condition
UK residents 18+, excluding professional Instagram or Facebook users, people working in the food marketing or social influencer industry and Weetabix employees. Opens 09:00 25/05/23 closes 23:59 08/06/23 To enter, follow @weetabixofficial (for Instagram entries), like the promotion post and comment with what toppings would you put on your Weetabix baked with Lyle’s golden syrup to make your morning golden? The promotion post can be found on the Weetabix Official Instagram page. There will be one winner who will be selected at random from all eligible entries on Instagram. The winner will win a Lyle’s Golden Syrup Hamper.
See [www.weetabix.co.uk/weetabix-baked-with-lyles-golden-syrup-promotion] for full prize details and T&Cs.
Promoter: Weetabix Limited, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN15 5JR.
Full Terms & Conditions – Weetabix Baked with Lyle’s Golden Syrup Promotion (the Promotion)
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Weetabix Limited. Station Road, Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR, England.
- This Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over who are registered users of a valid Instagram account at the time of entry into the Promotion. The Promotion is not open to employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, professional Instagram or Facebook users, social media influencers or those who work in the food marketing or social influencer industry (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion), or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
- In entering the Promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Promotion and win the prize before awarding the prize.
- The Promotion will run from 09:00 25/05/23and close on or around 23:59 08/06/23 (the Promotional Period).
- Internet access required and entrants must have an active Instagram account set to public (to permit direct messages from the Promoter). If you do not have an account, you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
- To enter on Instagram, you must (a) log into your Instagram account; (b) follow @WeetabixOfficial; (c) respond to a “call to action” post about the Promotion, which will be posted on the Promoter’s Instagram account (@WeetabixOfficial) by “liking” the Promotion post and commenting against the Promotion post with your answer to the question “what toppings would you put on your Weetabix golden syrup to make your morning golden?”, before the end of the Promotional Period.
- Entrants may only enter once. Multiple entries from the same person or the same social media account will not be accepted; there is a maximum of one (1) entry per person. Entrants are not permitted to create multiple accounts for the purpose of the Promotion. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- Entries must be completed correctly and be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period to be eligible for the Promotion. All entries received outside the Promotional Period will not be included in the Promotion. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Winner Selection: There will be 1 winner only. The winner will be selected at random by using computer processing that produces verifiably random results from all eligible entrants who meet the criteria above. The winner will be selected on 08/06/23].
- The winner is the owner of the social media account that posted the entry selected at random. Entrants who have not won a prize will not be notified.
- The winner will be contacted via a direct message on Instagram within 2 weeks of the end of the Promotional Period and will have 7 days immediately following notification to contact the Promoter as directed in the message to confirm details (name, email address, postal address and age) in order to claim the prize. If the winner does not respond within the 7-day period another winner will be selected using the same methodology as above. Participants are encouraged to monitor their accounts during this time in case they are a winner.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Instagram community or contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress, then the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from the Promotion.
- As someone who enters the Promotion, your use of Instagram is subject to the platform’s terms and conditions. The Promoter will not accept any liability in this regard.
- Your entry will be disqualified if it:
- mentions or tags any competitor products, other third-party companies or brands (other than those relating to the Promoter)
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content or content which could negatively affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion)
- includes any individual without their express permission or any individual aged under 16 without the express permission of their parent/guardian (or if the entrant does not provide evidence of such permission to the satisfaction of the Promoter)
- is, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, likely to cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards)
- contains content which the Promoter deems (in its sole discretion) to be socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code
- contains or references any physical activity which could be deemed dangerous, unsafe or illegal
- is sexually explicit or suggestive
- is not your own original work and/or infringes any third party rights (such as copyright, trade mark rights, moral rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property rights)
- is not in compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform where the entry is posted (i.e. Instagram) and all applicable laws, regulations and code rules (or would place the Promoter in breach of any such rules, policies, terms of service or applicable laws, regulations and codes, as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion)
- is not otherwise suitable for presentation in a public forum (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion).
- Participants who do not give correct details, who make an entry on someone else’s behalf, who the Promoter believes not to be participating within the spirit of the Promotion or suspect of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these terms and/or that are incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries (or which the Promoter cannot identify due to the participant’s entry being removed or filtered from search or the suspension or termination of the participant’s account) will not be accepted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The prize for this promotion is a Weetabix Lyle’s Golden Syrup Hamper consisting of; X1 Wicker hamper, X2 boxes of Weetabix Baked with Lyle’s Golden Syrup, X1 Bowl, X1 engraved spoon, X1 Union Jack Mug, X1 packet of Union Jack Bunting.
- No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No part of the prize may be resold under any circumstances.
- The winner consents to their entry being shared on the @WeetabixOfficial Instagram page by the Promoter.
- The prize will be posted to the address supplied by the winner within 30 days of (the later of) winner confirmation and the winner providing their address details.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with this Promotion (if requested). The Promoter may request to use the winner’s name and image in connection with such publicity.
- The winner’s surname, county and the prize won will (unless the winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available to members of the public who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope. We will nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- If you wish to withdraw from this Promotion, your request should be made in writing to the Promoter at: email@example.com
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any participant and compliance of all entries with these terms, including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which entrants must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering the Promotion, all entrants accept that they have no claim against Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants also agree to a complete liability release for Instagram.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts, save that consumers in Scotland and Northern Ireland may additionally bring an action in their home courts.