This Competition Privacy Notice is provided by Weetabix Limited (“we“, “us”,or “our”), whose registered office is Weetabix Mills, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 5JR in our capacity as an organiser of the “Rowse Honey/Weetabix/Twinings” competition (the “Competition“).
We are a ‘controller’ for the purposes of the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws“) which means that we are responsible for how we use your personal data.
Here are the details of how we use your personal data for the Competition:
- We collect and process your name, telephone number, email address and date of birth in order to register your entry in our Competition, check your eligibility and to be able to contact you if you win.
- We are permitted to process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us (i.e. the Competition T&Cs). If you do not provide your information to us, you will not be able to register your entry and participate in our Competition.
- If you are not selected as the winner of the Competition, we will delete your personal data collected for the Competition within the period of 6 months following the completion of delivery of the prize to the winner (or if there are any relevant complaints or issues relating to the Competition and if later, promptly following the resolution of those complaints or issues). If you are the winner of the Competition, we will retain your personal data until 6 months after the completion of delivery of the prize and any related publicity activities. After this date your personal data will be deleted.
- If you are selected as a winner of the Competition, we will:
- contact you by email or telephone to notify you of this, ask you to confirm acceptance of the prize and verify your eligibility (e.g. confirm that you are over eighteen (18) years old) in line with our Competition T&Cs;
- ask you to provide us with more information. For example, we (or the relevant football association) will:
- ask you about the location of your home address (city or country) because we are obliged to make the winner’s name and location (city or county) available to people requesting that information in accordance with the Competition T&Cs and to comply with the requirements under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “CAP Code“). As provided in the CAP Code, the winner can object to us publishing or making available the name or reduce the amount of information published or made available. In order to contact us on this, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that this does not affect our obligation to provide the relevant information and the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority, the UK’s regulator of advertising, if required to do so.
- We use external providers that process your personal data for this Competition as part of the services (such as hosting) which they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
- We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.